Remember that post on August 1 about the math mistake?
The mistake here is that while individual dimensions were correctly converted to centimeters (by multiplying by 2.54), the Capacity was incorrectly converted, since the 4720 cubic inches were multiplied by 2.54 (and not the cube of 2.54) to get 11988.8 cubic centimeters.
I found this error a month or so before posting it so I know it was around for a while, but I just discovered that the error has been fixed. Behold, the new stats!
In this case, the somehow-determined capacity of 4720 cubic inches is multiplied by (2.54)³, or approximately 16.387 cubic cm per cubic inch, to get 77,346.9 cubic centimeters. But one liter is, conveniently [although not exactly coincidentally], exactly 1000 cubic centimeters, so this translates to 77.3469 liters, which does round to 77.3 liters. The stats for other pieces of luggage were similarly updated.
I’m so happy! I’d like to think that the People In Charge actually read this blog, or at least the email I sent them about it, but alas I have no evidence of this. Still, it’s nice to see the mistake corrected.