What are some fun facts about 2008? I’m sure there are many, but here are a couple that come to mind:
- 2008 has only two prime divisors (2 and 251, since 2008=23·251)
- 2008 can be written as the sum of 251 consecutive integers:
- 2008 can be written as the sum of of 16 consecutive positive integers:
- I can’t find a way in which 2008 can be written as a sum of increasing powers in a particularly elegant fashion, but I did find that:
- 2008 can be written as a difference of squares in several ways (e.g. 2532-2492)
- 2008 is the sum of the 9th, 14th, and 17th Fibonacci Numbers (34+377+1597)
No doubt there are many other ways to make 2008, or fun facts about the number — post the facts or links to similar pages here!